You are here:
Home » Training » GWO Training Courses » GWO Manual Handling Training » GWO Manual Handling Full and Refresh Training
GWO Basic Safety Manual Handling Full and Refresher Training is aimed towards technicians who wish to access and work on wind turbines. This course covers elements from negative affects to the anatomy from poor manual handling techniques, safe lifting & movement when transporting objects.
THIS COURSE CAN BE BOOKED FOR FULL AND REFRESH TRAINING
GWO Manual Handling is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
Encourage positive Manual Handling and ergonomic behaviour, encourage delegates to consider alternatives to manual handling through planning and to train delegates ability to perform Manual Handling tasks in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry/environment.
The training shall be designed to improve and refresh delegates’ awareness through both theoretical knowledge and practical training. The main focus shall be on eliminating risk and controlling hazards and practicing correct techniques if elimination is not possible.
The BST Manual Handling Module shall ensure that:
- Problem-solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment
- Demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase their risk of developing muscular/ skeletal injuries
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic work location
- Understanding of safe practises of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment
- Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods
- You must be aged 18 years or above and be registered with WINDA before you arrive for your course.
- A good standard of general fitness is required, you will also need to complete a medical questionnaire.
GWO certificate – valid for 2 years.
Please note – certificates are to be refreshed every 2 years.
WHAT TRAINING CAN I COMPLETE AFTER GWO MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING COURSE?
To compliment your training you may wish to complete some of the other GWO BST Modules along with the GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) Training and GWO Advanced Rescue Training.