This Confined Space in Wind Turbines Training course is suitable for any persons carrying out works within the confined spaces of wind turbines. Individuals will also be trained in the use of appropriate gas monitors & Full PPE, which will include use of access systems needed for safe access/egress. The training also covers rescue.
This course involves the use of escape breathing apparatus with practical scenarios to test delegates knowledge.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of this Confined Space in Wind Turbines Training course will be to provide individuals within the renewables industry with the skills and knowledge of how to work safely within the confined spaces of wind turbines. The objectives are to ensure the candidates can demonstrate the required knowledge of what is deemed as a confined space and also to demonstrate the skills to risk assess, prior to entry and what measures need to be taken in the event of emergency evacuation. Day two will involve the wearing, use and inspection of full SCBA and how to rescue someone from a confined space.
- Interpretation and Recognition of Confined Spaces
- Risk Assessment
- Preventing the need for Entry
- Safe Working in Confined Spaces
- Use of a permit to work & logging procedure
- Plant and Equipment and PFPE
- Use of escape breathing apparatus
- Use of Access Systems
- Confidence in working with Escape sets & SCBA kits and re-breather systems
- How to set up a safe control system for works in normal/emergency mode
- Communication systems & hand signals with limited vision
- All delegates must be over 18 years of age and physically fit.
- You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire.
All successful delegates will receive a certificate and ID card covering their training for 2 years.