This Crane Awareness Training course is designed to make candidates aware of the potential risks with accessing tower cranes at height. The course will cover all elements to include the assessment process of what type of contractors will need to access the tower crane from the installation process then to daily running/operation of the crane and then through to the maintenance/inspection of the crane throughout the duration of the crane whilst on site. This process will then move onto the assessment process of what current provisions are in place, and what amendments need to be added to ensure all risk assessment and method statements have been considered. This assessment process will also include an evaluation of personnel’s level of competencies, to include lifting loads stabilisation/maximum load limit. Also Landing Zones and anti-collision devices. And additionally, what is needed in order to cover safe access and for additional requirements in an emergency.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of this Crane Awareness Training course is to give candidates the required knowledge of lift operations to include assessing/planning the lifting operation & covering the potential risks of workers planning on accessing tower cranes, and the understanding on what safety measures need to be implemented, in order to ensure a safe system of works can be implemented prior to commencement of works. This will include the use of the crane, by using the correct PFPE equipment and to understand what access methods are required whist accessing the Tower Crane. This will ensure you have the required knowledge and understanding of normal access procedures and emergency rescue procedures of incapacitated personnel.
- Introduction and Registration
- General overview and understanding of lifting operations
- Basic knowledge on ground bearing pressure; ground loadings, critical information required
- Statutory Instruments (HSWA / PUWER / LOLER and other relevant legislation).
- Types of Crane and Uses
- Hazards and Risks to be considered
- Control measures around cranes
- Safe Systems of Work / Physical Measures / Operational Measures (lifting plans)
- Safe Operating Practices and Signals
- The duties of personnel involved in lifting operations
- Permits required for lifting operations
- Post theory Assessment
- All delegates must be over 18 years of age and physically fit.
- You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire.