SOLAR ROOFTOP SAFETY TRAINING OVERVIEW
The aim of the course is for candidates to understand their and the employer’s roles and responsibilities within the workplace, and this will include pre-assessment surveys through to use of the correct equipment and basic inspection of the Fall Protection Equipment and accessing an area at height. The course will provide training to aid candidates in accessing and working to fit solar panels on various pitched and flat roof situations.
Upon successful completion of the course candidates will have knowledge in the following areas:
- Legislation/guidelines covering working at height, including working on various surfaces/structures
- Fall Protection Equipment theory/practical elements
- The understanding and use of fall protection to include collective/restraint/positioning systems
- Practical elements focus on safe work on flat and inclined roofs
- Understanding in the survey and use of suitable anchorage points, in accordance to relevant standards
- Tethering of tools whilst working
PREREQUISITES FOR SOLAR ROOFTOP SAFETY TRAINING
WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THE TRAINING
The Solar Rooftop Safety Training is suitable of personnel who require access to a rooftop area to install or carry out works to solar panels in domestic and commercial environments.
On successful completion of the training delegates will receive a certificate and ID card covering their training for 2 years