The GWO First Aid Training is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry. The aim of the course is to enable delegates to administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/ WTG environment, in accordance with GWO through theoretical and practical training. Furthermore, this training will enable the delegate to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED).
This training module shall ensure that:
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out First Aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) hereunder the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA)
- The delegates are able to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of injuries and illness related to the human body
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary Survey “C” -A – B – C including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of the Secondary Survey
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of Primary and Secondary Survey including the use of First Aid equipment in a First Aid scenario
For more information please see the links below or just check out our calendar for the next available dates and book online.
Do I have to complete GWO EFA instead of GWO First Aid?
In april 2023 GWO released a new standard for GWO First Aid Training with a reduction in training time to 1 day for Full and 0.5 for Refresh. When this happened GWO advised that GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) standard is recommended for use in the UK, this is inline with regulations. This being said the GWO First Aid training is still available and it is the employer’s decision as to what certificates and training an individual must have in order to work in their organisation. In addition, it also depends on the type of work the individual will be carrying out on site and which training will be sufficient for this.