The GWO First Aid Training is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry. The aim of the course is to enable delegates to administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/ WTG environment, in accordance with GWO through theoretical and practical training. Furthermore, this training will enable the delegate to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED).
This training module shall ensure that:
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out First Aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) hereunder the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA)
- The delegates are able to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of injuries and illness related to the human body
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary Survey “C” -A – B – C including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of the Secondary Survey
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of Primary and Secondary Survey including the use of First Aid equipment in a First Aid scenario
For more information please see the links below or just check out our calendar for the next available dates and book online.