Due to our experience and knowledge of problems faced when Working at Height we are able to offer comprehensive consultancy services, this provides a unique service to our clients by working on a proactive basis normally before the project has started or when additional advice is required.
Our consultancy services includes full technical consultancy and design package covering all elements of working at height. This service has proved to be beneficial to a wide range of customers. The variety of industries that we are able to offer this service to has enabled us to provide a niche service to a wide target audience.
- Initial consultation period with client in order to work around required safety challenges related to training and product requirements.
- Attending meetings with external bodies on behalf of the client, for example building control, Local Councils & HSE, where we are happy to assist in presenting the justifications in regards to the proposal of the intended systems of work.
- Compiling all the required documentation in order to provide a safe system of works that will enable the client to implement, monitor and control the procedures for safe working at height within the workplace.
- Technical design information of the proposed systems to be installed, this includes design drawings of the intended system and if required can also include structural calculations.
- Installation of specific standard systems from ‘off the shelf’ to ‘one-off’s’ specifically designed for the project specified.
- Training for customer-employees and contractors with additional recommendations on the supply on safety equipment i.e. harnesses, lanyards and rescue kits to complete safety documentation covering Training & Operations & Maintenance Manuals on how to use systems correctly and recommendations for inspection and testing regimes.
Rescue Planning Consultancy
Under the Working at Height Regulations 2005, it is now the responsibility of companies themselves to have a rescue plan in place in the event of a worker falling. Companies with personnel working at height without a rescue plan in place face possible prosecution by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), which can lead to a fine or even imprisonment. Harnesses and other fall protection equipment (FPE) go a long way towards the safety of your staff whilst on site, but if a fall was to occur the emergency services are no longer obliged to retrieve a person from a fall arrest scenario.
There are many variables to consider when planning rescues and can vary from site to site and can be very complex in their nature.
Taskmasters offer a consultancy service, where one of our surveyors will attend site and complete a full report on the requirements of all workers working at height and will provide a comprehensive rescue plan.
Find out more