GWO FIRST AID REFRESHER TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
The GWO First Aid Refresher training course is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of this Refresher Module is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills from your previous GWO First Aid through theoretical and practical training so that delegates can administer safe and effective First Aid, perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in the wind industry / WTG environment.
GWO FIRST AID REFRESHER COURSE CONTENT
This GWO First Aid Refresher Module shall ensure that:
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of safely and correctly carrying out First Aid in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) e.g. European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines
- Identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of injuries and illness related to the human body
- Understanding and correct order of management in emergency situations in a wind turbine work environment
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary and Secondary Survey (“C”-A-B-C-D-E)
- Correct use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Demonstrate correct use of First Aid equipment in First Aid scenarios
• A valid GWO First Aid certificate.
• You must be aged 18 years or above and be registered with WINDA before you arrive for your course.
• A good standard of general fitness is required, you will also need to complete a medical questionnaire.
GWO certificate – valid for 2 years.
Please note – certificates are to be refreshed every 2 years.
WHAT TRAINING CAN I COMPLETE AFTER GWO FIRST AID REFRESHER COURSE?
Once you have completed your training you can upgrade your skills and attend the GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) Refresher and QA FREC Level 3 Certificate (First Response Emergency Care) (RQF) or QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF).