GWO ENHANCED FIRST AID TRAINING OVERVIEW
GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standard for training in the global wind and renewable energy industry.
The standard has been developed in response to the demand for recognizable Enhanced First Aid (EFA) training in the wind industry.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of the GWO Enhanced First Aid Training module is to enable the delegates to support and care for others working in the industry by possessing the knowledge, skills and attitude of Enhanced First Aid. Upon completion of the GWO EFA delegates will be able to administer safe, effective and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures to save life and give assistance in remote areas using advanced emergency equipment and medical teleconsultation.
GWO EHANCED FIRST AID COURSE CONTENT
The EFA Module shall ensure that the following objectives are covered:
- Local legislation/risks/hazards and demands to ensure knowledge of the roles, responsibilities and rules that apply to Enhanced First Aid in Remote Areas
- The importance of carrying out basic and enhanced First Aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines
- Identifying and explaining normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body
- Demonstrating understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment
- Delivering immediate enhanced first aid to stabilise the casualty
- Assessing the casualty, for injury or acute illness, to determine if medical advice and external-to-incident support is required
- Requesting telemedical consultation and medical/rescue assistance providing a concise and relevant report of the casualty’s condition and obtaining medical advice to further stabilise the
- Requesting immediate medical/rescue assistance providing a concise and relevant report of the casualty’s condition
- Preparing the casualty for transfer to nominated evacuation/rescue point
- Acting as a leader in first aid situations
- Administering safe, effective and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures to save life and give assistance in remote areas using advanced emergency equipment and medical teleconsultation, while having particular regard for personal-protection
- You must be aged 18 years or above and be registered with WINDA before you arrive for your course.
- A good standard of general fitness is required, you will also need to complete a medical questionnaire.
GWO certificate – valid for 2 years.
Please note – certificates are to be refreshed every 2 years.
WHAT TRAINING CAN I COMPLETE AFTER COMPLETING GWO ENHANCED FIRST AID TRAINING COURSE?
Once you have completed your training you can enhanced yours skills and attend the GWO Advanced Rescue (ART) Training and remember to keep you tickets in date and attend the Refresher Course.