This Manual Handling Training course is suitable for any persons involved in the process of Manual Handling, the course will give an understanding of the causes relating to fatigue, strain and injury and an awareness of which parts of the body are most at risk when considering lifting load. The delegate will also understand the six key principles of safe handling and lifting and will be learn how to correctly lift and handle objects. By the end of the course you will understand your legal obligations relating to manual handling at work and what is meant by carrying out a suitable risk assessment within this process. A manual handling risk assessment will be undertaken to test your skills within the theory and practical assessments prior to completion.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The Manual Handling Training course outlines the required levels of competency needed in the workplace regarding Manual Handling. The course will cover the following:
- Understanding how to complete a required risk assessment covering Manual Handling.
- Understand the processes/planning of Manual Handling
- Understanding your legal responsibilities and duty of care in the workplace for both employers and employees covering legislation and regulations
- Defining the various types of short/long term injuries that can be caused by incorrect procedures regarding manual handling
- Defining what equipment and machinery could be used to help reduce the risk whilst lifting a load
- Defining the required overall knowledge to enable the candidates to assess and manage lifting operations in the future
- There are no pre-requisites for this course.
All successful delegates will receive a certificate and ID card covering their training for 2 years