CONFINED SPACE RESCUE/ EVACUATION TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
This Confined Space Rescue/ Evacuation Training course is predominantly intended for practical users who have need to enter spaces which are substantially enclosed and where there is a potentially hazardous working environment and where your risk assessment has identified the need to provide rescue arrangements. (High Risk)
AIMS & OBJECTIVES OF TRAINING:
This Confined Space Rescue/ Evacuation Training course is designed to ensure that attendees have the required knowledge of the potential risks in entering a confined space, to include required pre-requisites prior to entry covering legislation and requirements of the law. You will also have the required knowledge and understanding in how to complete the required risk assessments and safe systems of work, this will include how to apply those practically, including competent use of appropriate equipment, to enable entry/exit to be made safely. You will also be able to perform a rescue using full working breathing apparatus should that be necessary, this course will also demonstrate the use and understanding on how to apply Emergency First Aid techniques and how to use an Oxygen Resuscitator, prior to the arrival of emergency services.
CONFINED SPACE RESCUE/ EVACUATION TRAINING COURSE COURSE CONTENT
- What is a Confined Space and what are the hazards?
- Legal requirements
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Equipment required to enter a Confined Space
- The Purpose & Use of Gas Detection Equipment
- The Purpose & Use of Escape Breathing Apparatus
- The Purpose & Use of Self-contained Working B.A.
- The use of ropes and Safety Harnesses
- The Purpose & Use of Tripods & Man Riding Winches
- Personal Protective Equipment & Hygiene
- Examination, Testing & Maintenance of Equipment
- Ventilation & the avoidance of unsafe atmospheres
- Manpower including Training Requirements
- Communication and Entry Procedures
- Emergency & Rescue Procedures
- Emergency First Aid including Oxygen Resuscitators
- Awareness of Resuscitation Equipment & its Purpose
- Practical Exercise
- Course Review and Assessments
- All delegates must be over 18 years of age and physically fit.
- You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire.
All successful delegates will receive a certificate and ID card covering their training for 3 years but refreshers are recommend yearly.