This Roof Top Rescue – Inclined Roof Training course is aimed at individuals who work on various types of inclined roof surfaces.
The course will include how to understand the required risks in relation to procedures regarding work/rescue at height. And how to establish a safe system of works in the workplace.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of this course is to make candidates aware of roof access/planning and operations with specific attention to Inclined Roofs.
This Roof Top Rescue – Inclined Roof Training course has been designed to provide candidates with the knowledge and practical skills to assess and work on rooftops safely.
The practical elements of this course will cover:
- Working at height regulations and other relevant legislation
- Legislation/guidelines covering working at height, including working on various towers/structures
- Risk assessments covering potential hazards, and control measures needed for a safe system of works
- Awareness of how to survey for suitable anchorage points, in accordance to relevant standard
- Inspection/use of ladders
- Access systems covering hierarchy of controls
- Fall prevention lanyards
- Fall arrest systems
- FPPE for working at height (Inc. pre-use checks, adjustments etc.)
- How to safely use various fall protection systems
- This course also covers a general overview of MEWPS, mobile and fixed scaffolding.
- Working at Height & Harness awareness certificate
- Emergency First Aid at Work certificate
- Medical certificate to be able to climb/work at height (Preferable but not essential)
All successful delegates will receive a certificate and ID card covering their training for 2 years