GWO Working at Height Training is aimed towards technicians who wish to access and work on wind turbines. This course covers elements from safe access, evacuation & rescues from different zones of a turbine.
The Working at Heights Training course includes;
- Knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to a wind turbine generator (WTG)
- Understanding of current national and regional legislation regarding working at heights
- Correct identification of PPE, including identification of Global and regional standard markings e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc.
- Knowledge and skills to correctly perform pre-use inspection, service, store and correctly fit relevant PPE, e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arrest lanyards and work positioning lanyards
- Correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct conduct on ladder
- Correct use of evacuation devices
- How to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently
For more information, please see the links below or just check out our calendar for the next available dates and book online