This course is suitable for anyone who is currently has a vast amount of experience with managing large teams, as you will be required to understand what you roles and responsibilities are in relation to managing teams in order to manage rescue operations involving anyone working at height with (Strategic Level) I.e. Equivalent to Gold level of command within the workplace. This would include overall command of large numbers of rescue personnel & highly qualified teams in an often complex/diverse and remote/restricted areas involving rescues/evacuation.
These works would include being office based, or at the command center location.The role would normally involve planning/coordination and execution of the operation, which would often include assessing site based emergencies, and would often include assessing reaching a strategic decision making process leading on the site based dynamic risk assessment with information passed across from the often site based Silver Command.
The role would also often involve a multi coordination approach and communication with the multi agencies i.e. emergency services/planners.
The course gives a good insight into the planning and execution from a senior level and would include the detailed processes involving various types of briefing and coordination with all stakeholders needed within these types of works.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Understanding the overall key principles of the rescue/recovery command system (RRCS)
- Understanding the law and regulations relating to rescues/recovery
- Understanding roles and responsibilities in relation to qualifications needed to execute and manage rescue/recovery operations.
- Understand one’s need for effective communication with the rescue/recovery team (RRT)
- Having the required planning skills needed to initial response plan: from the initial dynamic assessment of the emergency through to execution.
- Being able to react to dynamic risks assessments regarding the required actions needed to meet the planned objectives
- Be able to provide overall complex planning/documentation needed for internal teams & external stakeholders prior to and following on from incidents
- Working at Height & Harness awareness certificate
- Emergency First Aid at Work certificate
- Must have completed Rescue Command / Management – Remote Areas (Level 2)
All successful delegates will receive a certificate and ID card covering their training for 3 years