FREC LEVEL 3 COURSE OVERVIEW
This QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) regulated and nationally recognised prehospital care qualification (FREC Level 3) is ideal for those seeking a career in the emergency services, ambulance service, the event and security medical sector or those who work in high risk workplaces.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
From this course delegates will gain the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to deal with a range of prehospital care emergencies, such as: managing a patient’s airways, catastrophic bleeding, management of fractures, medical emergencies and more.
WHAT DOES FREC LEVEL 3 COVER?
- Roles and responsibilities of a first responder
- Medical emergencies
- Patient assessment
- Airway management
- Adult, child and infant CPR & AED usage
- Return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC)
- Emergency oxygen
- Traumatic injuries
- Catastrophic bleeding
- Poisoning and intoxicating substances
- External and internal bleeding
- Neck, spine and pelvic immobilization
- Burns and scalds
- All delegates must be over 18 years of age
All successful delegates will receive a certificate and ID card covering their training for 3 years
Once you have completed the course you can then attend the QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) training