This Roof Top Rescue – Flat Roof Training course is aimed at individuals who work on various types of roof flat surfaces. The course will include how to understand the required risks in relation to procedures regarding rescue at height. And how to establish a safe system of works in the workplace.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of the Roof Top Rescue Flat Roof Training course is for delegates to have an awareness of individuals and employer’s roles and responsibilities within the workplace when considering working at heights on rooftops Specially aimed at (Flat roof Surfaces) this will include.
- Awareness of regulations and legislation in relation to working at height
- Understanding of Risk assessments & method statements (RAMS) required when considering working at height
- Understanding variations regarding flat rooftops and various surfaces
- Understanding specific hazards when working on roofs (hard standing & fragile roofs etc)
- Understanding of hierarchy of controls with safe systems of works on roofs
- Understanding of correct selection of equipment needed when considering the use of personal fall protection equipment (PFPE)
- Knowledge of Inspection to (PFPE) equipment i.e. pre-user and after use
- Awareness and safety provisions required covering an emergency at height
This will include safe systems of work whilst working at height. The course will cover the required knowledge needed for candidates to use safe methods/equipment needed for rescue, as well as basic diagnosis of medical conditions/injuries relating to falls and suspension at height.
- WAH certification
- Emergency First Aid at Work certificate
- Medical certificate to be able to climb/work at height (Preferable but not essential)
All successful delegates will receive a certificate and ID card covering their training for 2 years