This Rooftop Access Training course is aimed at individuals who work on various types of roof surfaces.
The course will include how to understand the required risks in relation to considering access to roof areas and your legal obligations regarding work/rescue at height. This Rooftop Access Training course will also cover the required procedures on establishing a safe system of works.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Regulations & Legislation regarding working at height
- Access systems covering hierarchy of controls
- Risk assessments covering potential hazards, and control measures needed to establish and maintain a safe system of works
- Aware of anchorage points, in accordance with relevant standards
- Inspection/use of ladders (temporary and permanent) systems
- Understanding the correct selection of Lanyards including Restraint/Positioning/Fall Arrest
- FPPE for working at height (Inc. pre-use checks, adjustments etc.)
- How to safely use various fall protection systems
- Understanding fragile surfaces
- This course also covers a general overview of MEWPS, mobile and fixed scaffolding.
- WAH certification
- Emergency First Aid at Work certificate
- Medical certificate to be able to climb/work at height (Preferable but not essential)
All successful delegates will receive a certificate and ID card covering their training for 3 years