GWO WORKING AT HEIGHT REFRESHER TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Working at Height Refresher Training course provides the skills and knowledge to work in a safe manner in the wind energy and renewables industry.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of this BSTR Working at Heights Module is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training so that delegates can use basic personal protective equipment and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in the wind turbine industry/ WTG environment.
GWO WORKING AT HEIGHT REFRESHER TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
This GWO Working at Height Refresher Training course includes;
- Knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at heights in a WTG.
- Correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/ Global Standard markings on harness, hard hats, lanyards and other PPE.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of and skills to correctly pre-use inspect, service, store and correct fitting of harnesses, fall arrest lanyards, work positioning lanyards and other PPE.
- Correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. These include correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct.
- Correct use of evacuation devices.
- How to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently.
- A valid GWO Working at Height certificate.
- You must be aged 18 years or above and be registered with WINDA before you arrive for your course.
- A good standard of general fitness is required, you will also need to complete a medical questionnaire.
GWO certificate – valid for 2 years.
Please note – certificates are to be refreshed every 2 years.