This Abrasive Wheels Training course is suitable for any person who is designated by an employer as a competent person to mount abrasive wheels and can manage/maintain the required process. The aim of the course is to ensure that the delegate has the required ability to recognise the potential hazards arising with the potential use of abrasive wheels, and can also understand the required precautions that need to be taken prior to commencement of the operation.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The Abrasive Wheels Training course will take place both in the classroom and within our Training Academy and will cover the following:
- Understanding of different types of machinery used in the workplace covering abrasive and cutting operations
- Understanding the types of suitable accessories used on abrasive and cutting operations
- Understanding about the required calibration and installation of abrasive/cutting wheels.
- Understanding and required knowledge regarding the health and safety regulations, HSWA 1974 & PUWER 1998 and other associated workplace regulations.
- The correct selection and use of required PPE, making sure all required assessments have been carried out prior to work activities.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course.
All successful delegates will receive a certificate and ID card covering their training for 2 years