GWO FIRE AWARENESS FULL AND REFRESHER TRAINING INFORMATION
GWO Fire Awareness Full and Refresher Training is aimed towards technicians who wish to access and work on wind turbines. This course covers elements from emergency planning, safe evacuation, correct assessment of fires, and usage of extinguishers and fire blankets.
THIS COURSE CAN BE BOOKED FOR FULL AND REFRESHER TRAINING
The GWO Fire Awareness is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
GWO FIRE AWARENESS AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of this course is to give the delegates the basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training.
Delegates should be able to prevent fires, make appropriate judgements when evaluating a fire, manage evacuation of personnel and ensure all are safely accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire. If the incident is judged to be safe, the delegates should be able to efficiently extinguish an initial fire by using basic hand held firefighting equipment.
The GWO Fire Awareness Full and Refresher Training Module shall ensure that:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire
- The causes of fires in wind turbines and the related dangers
- Identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment
- Knowledge of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment, including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures
- Correct actions for discovering a fire including correct use and fire extinguishing using firefighting equipment in a WTG
- You must be aged 18 years or above and be registered with WINDA before you arrive for your course.
- A good standard of general fitness is required, you will also need to complete a medical questionnaire.
GWO certificate – valid for 2 years.
Please note – certificates are to be refreshed every 2 years.
WHAT TRAINING CAN I COMPLETE AFTER GWO FIRE AWARENESS TRAINING?
To compliment your training you make wish to complete your some of the other GWO BST Modules along with the GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) Training and GWO Advanced Rescue Training.