Orthostatic Hypotension/Intolerance or most commonly known as Suspension Trauma, that is a medical condition that can occur to anyone whilst suspended in a harness. This can for example include people using industrial harnesses for fall arrest systems or confined space systems, and even people using harnesses for sporting activities e.g. climbing, parachuting, or even stunt/circus performers.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The course is specifically aimed at workers involved in using a harness. There is also medical elements and awareness roles that relate to the “3T” process i.e. Triage/Treat/Transport, this format is applied to those with suspected injuries and medical conditions relating to falling/being suspended in a harness.
- Triage- Signs & Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Treatment of Orthostatic Hypotension/Intolerance
- Preventing/Controlling Reow Syndrome
- Prevention of Orthostatic Hypotension/Intolerance
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Trauma Management: Head/ Thoracic Trauma
- Transportation of patients from medium risk environments
- Correct Handover to Emergency Services
Must have been previously gained current qualification in the following course/courses: –
- FA-EFAW01 Emergency First Aid at Work
- Or equivalent qualifications from a recognised training company/organisation
All success delegates will receive certification valid for 2 years, although we recommend a refresher after the period of one year