GWO WORKING AT HEIGHT TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
GWO Working at Height Training is aimed towards technicians who wish to access and work on wind turbines. This course covers elements from safe access, evacuation & rescues from different zones of a turbine.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of this module is to qualify the delegates, through theoretical and practical training, to use basic personal protective equipment and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a remote wind turbine environment.
GWO WORKING AT HEIGHT TRAINING COURSE COURSE CONTENT
The GWO Working at Heights Training course includes;
- Knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to a wind turbine generator (WTG)
- Understanding of current national and regional legislation regarding working at heights
- Correct identification of PPE, including identification of Global and regional standard markings e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc.
- Knowledge and skills to correctly perform pre-use inspection, service, store and correctly fit relevant PPE, e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arrest lanyards and work positioning lanyards
- Correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct conduct on ladder
- Correct use of evacuation devices
- How to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently
- You must be aged 18 years or above and be registered with WINDA before you arrive for your course.
- A good standard of general fitness is required, you will also need to complete a medical questionnaire.
GWO certificate – valid for 2 years.
Please note – certificates are to be refreshed every 2 years.
WHAT TRAINING CAN I COMPLETE AFTER GWO WORKING AT HEIGHT?
Once you have completed your training you can enhance your skills further and attend the GWO Advanced Rescue (ART) Training and GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) Training and remember to keep you tickets in date and attend the refresher course.