GWO FIRST AID TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
The GWO First Aid training course is part of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) course portfolio, which sets the standards for training in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of the course is to enable delegates to administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/ WTG environment, in accordance with GWO First Aid training through theoretical and practical training.
Furthermore, this training will enable the delegate to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED).
GWO FIRST AID TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
The Module shall ensure that:
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out First Aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) hereunder the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA)
- The delegates are able to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of injuries and illness related to the human body
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary Survey “C” -A – B – C including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of the Secondary Survey
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of Primary and Secondary Survey including the use of First Aid equipment in a First Aid scenario
- You must be aged 18 years or above and be registered with WINDA before you arrive for your course.
- A good standard of general fitness is required, you will also need to complete a medical questionnaire.
GWO certificate – valid for 2 years.
Please note – certificates are to be refreshed every 2 years.
WHAT TRAINING CAN I COMPLETE AFTER GWO FIRST AID TRAINING COURSE?
Once you have completed your training you can upgrade your skills and attend the GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) Training and QA FREC Level 3 Certificate (First Response Emergency Care) (RQF) and remember to keep you tickets in date and attend the refresher course.