You are here:
Home » Training » Harness Awareness Training
HARNESS AWARNESS TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
This Harness Awareness Training course is suitable for operatives needing to work at height requiring the use of personal fall protection equipment (PFPE) This will cover the understanding suitability and selection of the required items within the role. This course will also include how to carry out basic inspections through to documentation needed to maintain the items for future use. This course also includes relevant health and safety regulations and guidance and the safe use of equipment.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of this course is for delegates to understand their roles and responsibilities within the workplace in the use of personal fall protection equipment (PFPE).
HARNESS AWARNESS TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
Examples of this will include:
- Aware of legislation/guidelines covering working at height
- Understanding the hierarchy of controls when considering working at height
- Understanding the use of fall protection to include collective/restraint/positioning systems
- Understanding in the survey and use of suitable anchorage points, in accordance with relevant standards
- Assess when (PFPE) is deemed appropriate for use in the specific workplace
- Assess/review what lanyards/connectors are need
- Aware of potential contaminants/aggressive environments I.e. assessing/reviewing the planned area of work
- Understanding how to carry out pre-user and after use inspections on the harness and lanyards and other fall protection equipment
Certification is for the period of 2 years, although we would recommend a refresher after the period of 1 year.
WHAT TRAINING CAN I COMPLETE AFTER HARNESS AWARENESS TRAINING?
Once you have completed the Harness Awareness Training, we would recommend that you complete Working At Height and Rescue Training