You are here:
Home » Training » GWO Training Courses » GWO Wind Limited Access (WLA) » GWO (WLA) Onshore Limited Access Training
GWO (WLA) ONSHORE LIMITED ACCESS TRAINING OVERVIEW
After having successfully completed the GWO (WLA) Onshore Limited Access module, the participants will have the ability to act safely and responsibly when using basic personal protective equipment, follow instructions given by supervisors and behave safely during supervised visits to onshore wind turbine environments
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aim of this module is to enable the participants, through theoretical and practical training, to use basic personal protective equipment, and behave safely during supervised visits to onshore wind turbine environment.
- Hazards in a wind turbine generator
- Fire Awareness – Contingency plans, Fire prevention measures and firefighting equipment.
- Medical Emergencies – Procedures in case of injury/medical emergency & CPR
- Knowledge of correct PPE
- Working at Height including Self-retracting lifelines and how to correctly attach, Fall Prevention, Vertical Fall Arrest Systems and Safe and Correct Evacuations.
- You must be aged 18 years or above and be registered with WINDA before you arrive for your course.
- A good standard of general fitness is required, you will also need to complete a medical questionnaire.
GWO certificate – valid for 2 years.
Please note – certificates are to be refreshed every 2 years.