GWO (WLA) OFFSHORE LIMITED ACCESS TRAINING OVERVIEW
After successfully having completed the GWO (WLA) Offshore Limited Access Training Module, the participants have the ability to act safely and responsibly during a supervised visit to an offshore WTG environment and to take limited responsibility for their own safety at sea and during transfers.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aims of this Offshore Limited Access are, to build upon the skills and knowledge gained in the onshore module, giving participants the ability to act safely and responsibly when participating in a supervised visit to an offshore WTG environment during normal operations.
- Correct donning and use of LSA and PPE
- Risk related to evacuation into water
- Man overboard and controlled entry into water
- Swimming techniques
- Usage of a life raft
- Theoretical and Practical Safe travel and transfer including transfer from Vessel to WTG (practical) Vessel to Vessel and Vessel to dock (theory)
- The GWO WLA Onshore module must have been completed prior to the WLA Onshore module and booked consecutively (the WLA Onshore can not have been complete at an earlier date)
- You must be aged 18 years or above and be registered with WINDA before you arrive for your course.
- A good standard of general fitness is required, you will also need to complete a medical questionnaire.
GWO certificate – valid for 2 years.
Please note – certificates are to be refreshed every 2 years.