Products - Safe Return
Under the Working at Height Regulations 2005, Companies must have a rescue plan in place for rescues that includes correct training, equipment and procedures rather than solely relying on the emergency services as a contingency plan. Taskmasters (UK) Limited covers all aspects of proactive planning for a rescue including consultation, documentation, and training of staff and supply of rescue and safety equipment.
Taskmasters have worked with many crane rescue systems in the past and which has resulted in us developing the Safe Return Rescue System.
Safe Return© Rescue System OVERVIEW
The Safe Return© system offers a complete service solution covering all elements of tower crane rescues from the initial erection through to the day-to-day operations.
The Safe Return© system has been designed to cover all personnel in the crane team including the crane driver, Slingers/Signaller, Lift Supervisor, maintenance and inspection workers.
From the initial site assessment to the training and re assessment of your crane team the Safe Return system of works assures that you have got it covered whatever the eventually.
Training can also incorporate casualty care management, including emergency first aid training covering suspension trauma, through to the correct handling over to the emergency services.
The Safe Return© system is a simple and robust piece of equipment that is both versatile, easy to rig, and can be set up ready for use in a very short period of time.
It includes a compact bag containing equipment that can be easily stored near or underneath the crane cab drivers seat.
Training normally consists of covering a crane driver and two members of the ground crew, typically a Slingers/Signaller or Lift Supervisor or construction supervisor/personnel as well as any maintenance workers accessing the crane.
The Safe Return© system can only be used by trained personnel.
Safe Return Training Information
Included within the Safe Return System A equipment package:
- Safe Return Automatic Descent Unit
- 100m Rope (alternative rope lengths available on request)
- Safe Return Equipment Bag
- Safe Return Remote Attachment Pole and Connectors
- Safe Return Rope Protector
- Safe Return Steel Anchorage Strop
- Safe Return Equipment Log Book
- Crane Rescue Team Fall Protection Equipment (including Harnesses, Helmets and Lanyards)
- Nappy Style Rescue Harnesses
- Initial Site Assessment
- Staff Training including;
- First Aid Training
- System Training (mandatory)
- 6-Monthly site review and refresher training
- 6- Monthly Maintenance service and certification on rescue equipment covered under the LOLER regulations
During 2010 Taskmasters have introduced 2 further Safe Return Systems to their range. For more information and pricing, contact us.